Congrats KC! I know I have taken advantage of the great resources in KC for some time now, but this is quite an honor. Check out Kansas City’s #2 ranking here:
With the Kauffman Foundation and UMKC’s Institute for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, who can argue!
Here are my top 5 resources in KC that I have had the privilege of participating in:
- UMKC’s Institute for Entrepreneurship and Innovation–Nationally ranked school with many world-class educational programs geared toward entrepreneurs. Priceless experience when it comes to networking as they have 100+ mentors available to help guide you along.
- Kauffman Foundation–The FastTrac course was one of the best “bang for your buck” courses I’ve participated in. It was a 10 week crash course with close one on one mentoring and instruction on how to launch your business.
- Inventor’s Club of Kansas City–Another great networking event with monthly seminars on everything from patents, to marketing, to PR. I get something out of their meetings every time I go.
- Enterprise Center of Johnson County–Another great resource for inexpensive workshops and great networking. Great group to work with and can help you get prepared when it comes to things like pitching to angel investors.
- Think Big Kansas City & Biz Perc–For one, I love the blog they put out. Great way to keep informed. They also put in a big yearly conference for Kansas City entrepreneurs. On the Biz Perc side, they have an inexpensive incubator and business center if you’re just looking to meet clients in a professional place or just need an office as little as 1 time a week. They also put on seminars and workshops here in addition to the big yearly conference.